Raw St Lucian Sea Moss 50g to 200gRegular price £6.99 Save £-6.99
Our organic wildcrafted Sea Moss grows in the Atlantic Ocean and is harvested on the pristine coast of St Lucia by a small company of local divers.
It is carefully gathered and sun dried to 10% moisture, retaining some naturally occurring sea salt to complement the preservation process.
Lovingly packed in heat sealed, anti-tamper pouches, your sea moss arrives in waterproof, resealable packaging to maintain freshness.
(Wholesale orders of 500g and over are packed in large resealable pouches.)
Suitable for Vegans
Free From Artificial Colours, Preservatives and Flavours
Sea Moss Benefits
1. Sea Moss contains more than 90% of the nutrients our bodies require
- Described as nature's multi-vitamin, Sea Moss has 92 of the 102 minerals our bodies are made of.
- Sea moss contains vitamin D, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin A as well minerals like folate, magnesium, calcium and zinc which contribute to healthy bodily functions.
2. Sea Moss contains Iron which can give you more energy
- Sea moss contains about 9 milligrams of iron per 100 grams (9 times more iron than chicken!)
- A lack of iron can make you feel tired and low on energy. This is because iron helps your body to create red blood cells which carry oxygen from your lungs to the rest of your cells.
3. Sea Moss can aid healthy weight loss
- Sea Moss contains high levels of iodine which our bodies require to produce thyroid hormones.
- Moderation is the key to thyroid function as these hormones control our metabolism and perform other important roles. Sea Moss can be beneficial in aiding in weight loss, however - before using sea moss to boost thyroid hormones or aid weight loss, it is advised you check with your healthcare provider as you would not want to bring your thyroid out of balance.
4. Sea Moss can help build strong muscles
- With 6 grams of protein per 100 grams, Sea Moss is rich in this exercise staple.
- Taurine in Sea Moss also assists workout recovery as the amino acid repairs tiny tears caused by exercise, which in turn increases muscle strength and mass.
5. Sea Moss strengthens our immune system and supports gut health.
- Did you know about 70% of your immune system is housed in your gut! A healthy gut equals a strengthened immune system.
- Sea moss serves as a prebiotic for your gut, which allows good bacteria to thrive. It is also full of fiber, which promotes a healthy colon and digestive system, while removing harmful bacteria. Sea moss can also soothe the lining of the gut.
- Sea Moss contains potassium chloride which assists the body in reducing inflammation and risk of infection. Sea moss is anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral. Otote beautifully sums it up as a no-lose additive: "Sea moss when you're ill is a win, and sea moss when you're healthy is a win, it's a win-win."
6. Sea Moss prevents and slows damage to body cells
- Sea Moss is full of antioxidants, such as Vitamin E, which are compounds that help protect cells from disease-causing oxidative damage.
- Free radicals are unstable waste molecules produced by the body as it reacts to the environment and processes food. If the body can not efficiently remove free radicals, oxidative stress can result which is linked to many illnesses such as heart disease, arthritis and respiratory diseases.
- Antioxidants are said to help neutralize free radicals in our bodies and boost overall health.
Other reported benefits: